In the heart of Julian Alps, the old guesthouse Milka got a new life by Gartner Lifecycle Architecture. Restaurant occupies the ground floor together with the outside terrace offering gorgeous vistas over the Alpine Lake Jasna and the Julian Alps. Reception, one suite and a private sauna occupies the basement. 5 elegantly equipped rooms occupy the other floors. Photography by Studio CAPN.
The concept of Milka is to offer a wholesome alpine experience, combining Slovene tradition with modern comfort at the highest level. The thread that connects everything is taken from the lake itself. Hilly, green, and wooded surroundings dictated the use of colours. The basis of architectural approaches was the use of quality and lasting materials stemming from local, Slovenian tradition – wood, metal, stone offering extremely tactile and rich experience every step of the way.
Milka now offers 6 new rooms, each unique with a character of their own. One of the main goals was to provide every room with the view and the experience of Milka’s amazing alpine backdrop.
The interior, however, uses the colour palette of tones that change throughout the seasons, ranging from blueish and green hues of the lake and the surrounding mountains in summer to warmer tones of yellow, mustard colours of autumn leaves, and grey tones of the local limestone.
Studio / Architect Details
• Studio’s name: Gartner arhitekti / Gartner Lifecycle
• Principal architect: Brigita Gartner, Jernej Gartner
• Designing Team: Brigita Gartner, Jernej Gartner, Maša
Malgaj Novak, Domen Gjergek, Urška Gregorič, Alenka
Jager, Mateja Rogelj
• Website: www.gartner-a.com
• Instagram: @ gartner_arch/
• Country: Slovenia
• City: Ljubljana
• Project Details
• Year of Construction (start and end): 2019-2022
• Gross Construction Area (m2): 789,5 m2
• Site Area (m2): 1021 m2
• Typology: Hospitality; Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
• Number of Floors: 4
• Location: Jasna Lake, Kranjska Gora, Slovenia
• Name: Milka Boutique Hotel & Restaurant
• Interior Design: Gartner arhitekti / Gartner Lifecycle
• Structural Engineer: Marko Pavlinjek; Elea
• Lightning: Gartner arhitekti, Intra Lighting
• Landscape: Gartner arhitekti / Gartner Lifecycle
• Construction: Baumi, gradbeništvo in svetovanje, Martin
• Materials: Wood, steel, stone, concrete
• Client: B&B nepremičnine d.o.o.
Da Vinci Lifestyle’s Contracts Division Leverages On Stellar Relationships With Over 200 Luxury Furniture Brands To Fashion Furniture Brands Around The Globe. With An Extensive Range Of Products From Furniture, Lighting, Kitchens, Office Systems, Bath & Sanitary, To Flooring, Decoratives & Materials. Our Contracts Team Offers Creative And Bespoke Solutions To Briefs To Manage The Process From Conceptualization To Completion. Our Logistics Networks Worldwide Ensures Deliveries And Installations Are Kept Within Timeline Requirements That Are Crucial For Architects, Interior Designers And Property Owners For Residential, Commercial And Hospitality Projects.
Register To Access Our Contracts Library Of More Than 200 Well-Known Italian Luxury Designer Furniture Brands From Europe And America. Get Updated On The Latest Product Releases, High Resolution Catalogs, Material Samples, And Technical Sheets.
Contact Us For Product Quotations Or Queries.